/> Resume / CV
Crypto Fintech Innovator
- Charlotte, NC
- Clarkson University
- 2003 - 2007
- B.S. Computer Science
Dual Minors in Information Technology (IT) & Business Administration (BA)
- Unbanked — Remote
- Nov 2019
- Jun 2023
- Chief Technical Officer
Provided strategic vision and leadership of all product lines and services offered while managing the growing needs of our technical team and our cloud-based hardware and software. Responsible for all technical hiring. Responsible for ensuring the performance, security, and efficiency of cloud infrastructure.
Exudes leadership in cross-functional teams as technical point person liaisoning Finance, Compliance, Product, Marketing, Engineering, and Leadership.
Understands the complexities of operating in a heavily regulated industry, including launching a suite of internal risk management tools, risk scoring, AML/BSA controls, and meeting reporting requirements.
Scaled the company from 0 to 20M ARR. Aggressively expanded product lines into international markets. Onboarded B2B partners onto our API-based neobank whitelabel solution and managed cloud infrastructure.
- Mar 2018
- Nov 2019
- Head of Development
Prototyped, architected, directed the development of, and managed BlockCard, a US-based cryptocurrency debit card, and Lexicon, a scalable, patent-pending enterprise blockchain solution built on Hyperledger Fabric. Led and managed a fully remote, dynamic engineering team. Fostered a culture of innovation and technical excellence at a cutting edge crypto fintech, paving the way for new crypto/fiat rails.
- POP.co — Remote
- Nov 2015
- Dec 2020
Architected, oversaw, and managed the development of the entire platform. Services under management included domain registrar management, managed hosted email, webpage editor, and an app marketplace. Managed and maintained critical partnerships with Google GSuite, TechStars Startup Weekend, .CO Internet, Weebly, Atmail, and DomainBox. Through our partnership with Startup Weekend, the world's largest hackathon, we helped entrepreneurs launch over 70,000 startup ideas.
Responsibilities extended to managing our cloud-based hardware and software. Ensured the performance, security, and efficiency of all cloud infrastructure.
- Jun 2013
- Nov 2015
- Lead Full-Stack Developer
Employee #1 responsible for prototyping a revolutionary experience in the domain registrar industry. Architected a novel and patent pending monthly recurring billing model which paired a domain name with custom email address.
- Managed all cloud-based hardware and software. Demonstrated technical prowess and commitment to quality, adaptability, and client satisfaction in a rapidly evolving industry.
- Built the initial application prototype (employee #1).
- Built the overall backend application architecture.
- Built the service oriented, RESTful API which is used by 100% of the site.
- Built a scalable job scheduler and queue system for maintaining long running processes, asynchronous jobs, and distributed jobs.
- Built the entirety of the billing scheduling, management, invoicing, crediting, and coupons system.
- Performed full stack development.
- Fully integrated with a plethora of third party APIs, including a domain registrar.
- Integrated a Graylog2 logging and notification system to keep an eye on the site and aid in debugging.
- Architected a modular gateway/adapter system for integrating third party applications.
- Developed the concept of "Simple DNS" control which correlates applications as a group of DNS records.
- Fully automated the process of registering, verifying, and logging in via single sign-on to Google Apps for Work.
- Craft Blue — Remote
- Nov 2015
- Mar 2018
- Owner and Principal Consultant
Leveraged two decades of software development experience and opened a custom web applications development consultancy. Partnered with premier creative agencies and startups alike to build and deliver quality custom web applications efficiently and on schedule. Worked closely with clients to understand their needs, gather requirements, scope, quote, build, and launch.
- Added advanced methods for calculating shipping amounts for a YCombinator backed startup Pakible.
- Managed enhancements to NCBrunswick, including extensive WordPress plugin development and custom theming.
- Built a futures trading application for Magic the Gathering cards utilizing the Black Scholes algorithm for MTGFutures.
- Built an SEO optimized domain portfolio management tool for managing one's domain name portfolio.
- Performs automated domain ownership verification checks.
- Handles lead generation and quick portfolio sharing for interested parties.
- Handles bid/ask communication flow for counterparty agreements.
- A Stellar blockchain application for the automated creation and management of testnet assets.
- Reduce friction of building and testing custom Stellar assets.
- Lower the barrier to entry for building localized testing environments with custom Stellar assets.
- Stop worrying about losing your testing environment during the quarterly testnet resets.
- Gain a better understanding of the features and underlying mechanics available to you for managing an asset on the Stellar network.
- Supercharge your testnet assets with an automated market maker to ensure there's enough liquidity for you to run ample testing
- Ensure your transactions don't fail using our automated fee calculator based on network load
NC Creative Agencies
- Working as a silent development partner with a handful of NC based creative and marketing agencies on their client projects.
- Pakible +
- Jul 2012
- Jan 2014
- Owner and Principal Consultant
- Built an employee management HR system for a truck driving company to manage their drivers. Integrated directly with Windows Active Directory.
- Built an in depth domain name suggestion tool for .CO Internet.
- Built a history database and CRUD tool for Sweet Briar College.
- .CO Internet — Remote
- Feb 2013
- Jun 2013
- Senior Full-Stack Web Developer
Directly responsible for the redesign, performance optimization, performance tuning, and load testing the .CO marketing site leading up to the SuperBowl ad launch in partnership with GoDaddy. Directly responsible for the development and launch of the Membership Perks application. Acquired for $100M+ and spun off into POP.co.
- mojoLive — Remote
- May 2012
- Jul 2012
- Web Developer
As a versatile web developer at mojoLive, a budding LinkedIn competitor, I was integral in accelerating the company's development process. My role encompassed both frontend and backend functionalities, driving improvements in user experience and optimizing system performance. Despite the company's unfortunate financial difficulties, my tenure here reinforced my ability to quickly adapt in fast-paced, startup environments and contribute meaningfully to product development.
- Implemented the profile overview tab, including backend and frontend code for generation and display of the bar graph, skills cloud, and visual timeline.
- Build the frontend of the shelf feature, including async content loading, pagination, and AJAX handling.
- Build and designed the entirety of the shelf bookmarklet script and UI, from enforcing login to saving a page item.
- Note: We ran out of funding, hence the short lived employment!
- Skookum Digital Works — Charlotte, NC
- Jun 2010
- Apr 2012
- Web Developer
At Skookum Digital Works, I played a crucial role as a full-stack web developer, crafting custom web applications for a diverse range of clients from startups to established enterprises. My work focused on creating prototypes and minimal viable products, delivering innovative solutions that enabled our clients to validate their concepts and accelerate their growth. Through strategic problem-solving and agile development methods, I supported our clients in navigating the dynamic digital landscape and achieving their business objectives.
- Developed a custom build Job Applicant Tracking System (ATS) for scraping and re-purposing client's job posting data into something that was highly optimized for SEO.
- Developed a full-blown HMAC based RESTful API to allow for customers to use their job data as they wished.
- Developed a series of 6 screen scrapers and XML parsers for various existing and popular ATSes to pull in job data.
- Re-used my existing open source caterpillar library to crawl the website and index the internal links and their counts to generate a dynamic Google XML Sitemap.
- Developed an administrative backend for managing clients, jobs, job applicants, client themes, and client API access.
- Developed a dynamic theming system for individual clients to customize their own job site theme with custom routing serving up a dynamically generated CSS file.
- Each client can white-label their site by pointing a CNAME record to a unique subdomain of the application.
- Developed cronjobs for automatically fetching new job postings for each client nightly as well as removing closed or deleted jobs.
- Implemented Zend Lucene search indexing of all client jobs by category, location, and keywords.
- Developed a method for returning jobs within a specified radius of a zipcode.
ReTargeter Insights V2 (acquired)
- Rebuilt version 2 of an existing and profitable application from the ground up based on a 27 page specification document.
- Built in recurred monthly billing, analytics reports, and batch cron operations for pulling mass amounts of advertisement analytics data (tens of millions of rows).
- Built an entire client side API for communicating with the AppNexus API based on their documentation.
- Modified a Zend_Pdf module to include support for generation of tables with borders and padding supported.
- Full administrative backend with the ability to assume the role of the client for performing actions on their behalf.
- Developed two entirely separate versions of site geared towards changing the two-party political system.
- Developed using agile methodologies with the aid of Pivotal Tracker
- Developed in a scalable architecture using AWS
- Numerous custom Zend Framework modules were written to improve overall performance and rapid development
- Implemented fuzzy searching using Elastic Search to provide a similar questions section to avoid users creating duplicate questions.
- Sole developer of a Twitter SaaS application for generating geo-location based sales leads using keyword searching on Twitter.
- Scalability handled gracefully with multiple queuing systems (gearmand and beanstalkd).
- The application supports associating/linking multiple Twitter accounts to a single DoorTraffic account to allow for the management of several Twitter accounts.
- The application uses polling AJAX requests to bypass Twitter's API rate restrictions for a single IP address.
- Developed an advanced administrative backend tool for creating "PowerPoint like" presentations to be displayed on a client-side AIR application.
- The project specifications required a pre-defined set of 20+ templates to be used for generating customizable presentations. An animation handler was developed for transitioning between the 20 different templates fluidly.
- The tool was developed with multilingual support in mind; supporting over 20 European countries.
- A NoSQL solution, MongoDB, was used to support the necessity of having a three-tiered revisioning system within the presentation creation and publishing process.
- Bayard Advertising +
- MODE. — Charlotte, NC
- Feb 2008
- June 2010
- Web Developer
As a Web Developer at MODE, I worked with a diverse portfolio of clients, developing custom web applications that catered to their unique needs. I leveraged my full-stack development skills to build robust and user-centric solutions, delivering significant value to both small businesses and large corporations. My work at MODE reinforced my commitment to quality, adaptability, and client satisfaction in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Developed a completely custom shopping cart and checkout system that ties into the client's SBT accounting software through a third parties integration software. Utilizes CyberSource as the payment gateway.
- Security measures were taken to avoid storing credit card information locally, so only a unique key is stored associated to the associated cybersource credit card information.
- Implemented the frontend design to specification for the site, including the block framework used throughout the site.
- Developed two separate custom left to right sliders in jQuery for the main page.
- Developed a unique fixed position navigation bar that appears upon user login.
- Developed a custom Google Map including custom markers that displays locations based on zip codes. The map is tied to a custom search input with auto suggestions.
- Responsible for recreating and optimizing an XML parsing script which generates and updates all product data for a large shoe manufacturer's website. The script makes a SOAP request to a third party who maintains the product data.
- Developed a product management tool on the administrative backend to handle maintaining product data.
- Developed a mashup which utilized both the Facebook API as well as the YouTube API to display unique feeds per store.
- Utilized Facebook Connect on a promotional microsite as an alternative method for login.
- Developed a custom March Madness bracket system including the administration tool, team selection tool, and seeding tool for a contest.
- Developed a large portion of the backend supporting the pizza chain's front end flash site.
- Installed third party e-commerce software, Magento, and did the frontend development for a completely custom one-step checkout that completely hid the fact the client was using Magento. Had to heavily modify a pre-existing Magento UPS Shipping plugin to interact with the UPS Shipping Print Label API to auto-generate and print shipping labels for customer purchases within the Magento admin.
- Developed parsing scripts which take excel documents from a third party (Kedron) and automatically update menu item pricing. Pricing can be updated on a per store basis or for all stores.
Custom CMS Development
- Aided in the development of a custom CMS on top of the Kohana framework. The CMS is used heavily, both internally and on client sites.
- Created a nested block module which allows for the creation and insertion of custom content and modules.
- Developed an inline, AJAX based photo editor for cropping and resizing images on the fly. The editor has the capability of limiting resizing and cropping sizes based on both the module the image is being modified for as well as the type of image being created. The image editor is used extensively on the administrative backend. It is coupled with an AJAX-esque file uploader to avoid page refreshes when uploading content.
Intranet Vacation Request System
- I created an internal, web-based vacation request system for use within the company. It is utilized by all employees for requesting vacation time as well as to track sick time.
- Managers have the capability of viewing all employee vacation requests, modifying requests, and approving vacation requests.
- Holidays are taken into account as well as weekends and half-days.
- Remaining vacation time is reset on a per employee basis every year.
Intranet Client Management Tool
- Developed the intranet client portfolio tool used to manage all client data used on the company website. The backend communicates with the frontend by way of AMFPHP.
- Developed a file management tool for sharing files with clients. The tool is used in favor of FTP and allows for the uploading of a minimal set of valid file and mime types.
- Jacobson Floral +
- OMYA — Florence, VT
- 2007 (Summer)
- Network Administrative Assistant
In my role as Network Administrative Assistant at Omya, a public company, I provided vital IT support to one of the company's key plants. I assisted the network administrator in managing and maintaining all IT services, ensuring smooth operations and minimizing downtime. My responsibilities included troubleshooting network issues, implementing security protocols, and facilitating system upgrades. Through this role, I not only enhanced my technical skills but also developed a strong understanding of the critical role of IT infrastructure in supporting business operations.
- Completely revamped the intranet site for the North American infrastructure (8 sites) containing company sensitive documenation. Improved the overall design for usability and accessibility as well as provided means for greater corporate connectivity.
- Given full administrative rights to the entire Florence, VT site.
- Tech support for the Florence plant with approximately 130 employees
- Responsible for site wide Extend360 upgrades as well as Lotus Notes compliancy modifications for the Florence site to meet corporate standards
- Summit Payment — Rutland, VT
- Web Developer
- Remotely installed Perl on the host Windows server using PCAnywhere to enable search capabilities for the client.
- Modified various CGI scripts as well as made minor modifications to the overall site design
- Modified an open source search engine to be used for Summit Payment's hosted sites.
- Cross-Functional Team Leadership
- Distributed Team Management
- Product Management
- Product Road Mapping
- Product Strategy
- Product Vision
- Product Development
- Project Management
- Project Scoping
- Business Requirements
- IT Strategy
- KPIs & OKRs
- Amazon Web Services
- Cloud Computing
- Agile Methodologies
- API Development
- API Documentation
- BSA/AML Compliance
- AML Controls
- Sanctions Screening
- PCI Compliance
- Risk Scoring
- Software as a Service
- User Experience
- Acceptance Testing
- Database Design
- Network Administration
- Zend Framework
- Hyperledger Fabric
- Adobe AIR
- Visual Studio.NET
- jQuery UI
- Best Practices
- AB Testing
- RESTful APIs
- Developer Operations
- Browser Compatibility
- open source
- tech blogs
- mountain biking
- home improvement
- problem solver
- self motivated
- independent contributor
- eager to learn
- hard working
- down to earth